|Gram ma's Cookies - Page 5|
12 Graham Crackers(the whole cracker, not the breakups)
½ lb. butter (melted)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans (walnuts can substitute)
1. Line a lightly greased rimmed cookie sheet with the graham
Prop: 45 min Chill: 2 hr
Bake: 12 min per batch
1 stick ( ½ cup) butter or margarine (not spread), at room
For decoration: ¼ cup each red and green colored sugar
1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Beat in sour cream, salt and almond extract until blended. With mixer on low speed, gradually beat in flour just until blended. Chill dough 2 hours or until firm enough to handle.
2. Heat oven to 375'F. Lightly grease cookie sheet(s).
3. Divide dough in half. Divide each half in 8 equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 16 inch-long rope. Cut each rope in 4 pieces. Bring ends of each piece together, overlapping them slightly to form a ring. Place on cookie sheet(s) and sprinkle with colored sugar.
4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until bottoms are lightly browned.
Remove to wire rack to cool. Store airtight up to 3 weeks or freeze.
PREVIOUS - HOME - NEXT